Johannes Fritz Groebler
Your Hotel Consultant
- Bachelor Professional Hospitality Management (Germany)
- Qualified Hotel Manager (Germany)
- Certified Hotel Specialist (Germany)
Positions in the hotel industry
- Managing Director
- General Manager
- Cluster General Manager (multi-property)
- Hotel Manager – Operations Manager
- Director of Business Development
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Event Sales Manager
- Sales & Marketing Manager
Awards for Creativity
- Winner German Design Award – special mention (2019)
- Creativity Awards GOLD USA (2019)
- Working languages: German | English
- Very good knowledge: Spanish | Portuguese
- Planning of hotel projects
- Conception and positioning of hotel and gastronomy projects (bringing ideas, concepts and creativity)
- Development and expansion of brands (e.g. idea > planning > support > implementation > improvement ...)
- Advising investors and analyzing hotel profitability (e.g. income, expenses, feasibility studies, business plan, analysis of figures, investment planning...)
- Hotel advice on sales, takeovers, leasing, operator search, operator change, operational analysis, search for hotel properties, existing properties, land, hotel conversions, hotel renovations, hotel tenders ...
- New opening planning: operational support pre-opening and administrative support pre-opening. Accompaniment of the opening phases ...
- Improving hotel performance
- Sales, Marketing and Brand Development
- Hotel strategy & positioning (e.g. strategy consulting, positioning, target groups, hotel brands ...)
- Process optimization, efficiency improvement measures and change competence (change management: operational and administrative departments)
- Optimization of revenue management (e.g. evaluation of sales channels, improvement of sales channels, evaluation of hotel prices, hotel & gastronomy price structure, revenue systems, price strategy, up-sales in the hotel, sales concepts, distribution ...)
- Team management - human resources management
- Goal- and result-oriented team management and development of employees through my many years of experience as a hotel manager (various locations)
- Team leader in operational and administrative departments
- Project management for hotel construction projects (in consultation with all architects, planners and companies involved: electrics, ventilation, gas, water, heating, technology, fire protection, interior design, hotel operations, gastronomy ...)
- Regular training and coaching of department heads and hotel teams
- Employee acquisition for new openings
- Employee development and motivation
- Improving team performance in hotels
- Innovations and technology in the hotel industry
- Implementation of new technologies in existing hotels
- Development of new sales channels
- Increasing connectivity, accessibility and visibility Improving hotel performance, quality and service with new technologies
Curriculum Vitae - Resume
It was already clear to me at an early age: I wanted to work in the hotel industry. The work in the catering trade began while I was still at school: as a temporary help in service, in the scullery, at catering and events. YES - BORN FOR HOSPITALITY. An apprenticeship in the hotel and catering industry was needed. I completed my training as a specialist in the hotel industry at the Senator Hotel (5*) Radisson Hotel Group in the Hanseatic city of Lübeck. Degree: Certified Hotel Specialist (IHK)
After completing my hotel training, I was able to gain in-depth sales, marketing and revenue experience and map the classic topics such as sales acquisition, telephone marketing, support for key accounts, implementation of sales trips and sales calls. I also enjoyed the freedom to let off steam in sales and marketing topics and to gain initial experience as a sales representative and later as a hotel sales manager.
In 2008, this station with the most entertainment-like-hospitality so far. I worked in sales, events and business development in "Germany's Las Vegas", i.e. Hamburg Sankt Pauli in the EAST Hotel and Restaurant (East Group: East Hotel, Coast Hamburg, Coast Mallorca , Zanzibar Wine, Uppereast, Clouds Hamburg). Positions: Event Sales Manager, Director of Sales & Marketing, Director of Business Development.
In addition to the numerous and varied new openings and project developments, I completed my hotel studies and qualifications. Degree: "Bachelor Professional Hospitality Management" (IHK). The "Qualified Hotel Manager" (IHK) hotel examination was successfully completed at the IHK Frankfurt am Main in Germany.
In 2013 it was time for a change. This is when I signed at Erhard&Stern, based in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, a real estate sector company. They had interesting real estate locations, and I was able to bring in the hotel and gastronomy know-how. An interesting combination of creativity, innovation and hospitality came about with the founding of the Hospitality Guys GmbH company. Positions: Hotel Manager, General Manager, Managing Director. From the idea through analysis to implementation, we developed: Syte Boutique Hotel, a full service boutique hotel including bar, restaurant, event rooms and cooking studio. Suytes Business Studios, a studio apartment hotel. Staytion music meets industry hotel: an entertainment hotel where the theme of music is in the foreground. Music partners: Söhne Mannheims, Cosmo Pop, Enjoy Jazz, Sunshine Live, Mannheimer Schule and BB Promotion. Rounded off with co-working spaces, office space and event rooms. Since 2019, the portfolio has been supplemented with a new luxury hotel HIRSCHGASSE in Heidelberg.
2014, the hotel cooperation Sensation Hotels by unycu was founded and expanded to include other hotels in 2017. A hotel cooperation among like-minded people and unique hotels. Hoteliers work hand in hand here in the areas of sales & marketing, e-commerce and development. The project was launched in Baden-Württemberg Germany and now connects hotels from all over the world. All listed hotels are unique and individual. All hotels are in the design, boutique and luxury segment. For example: Tortue Hamburg (Member of Design Hotels), Ketschauer Hof (Member of Small Luxury Hotels), Roomers Frankfurt (Member of Design Hotels), Roomers Baden-Baden (Member of Autograph Collection) and many more. The book “The Smallest Hotel Book of the World” has been published annually since 2017, with all listed hotels. I received the GERMAN DESIGN AWARD – special mention for the concept, the design and the innovation. Further awards followed: MEDIA AWARD and CREATIVITY AWARD (GOLD) from the USA. The founding of Sensation Hotels by unycu and the many hotel visits and meeting with many hotel owners, directors and developers resulted in the book "The difference between FAKE HOTELS & REAL HOTELS" which was published in 2021. This is about real hotel concepts and the great importance to design, quality and service and what really makes a difference in a hotel.
2020 to 2021 during the numerous lockdowns, the first hotel in the world based on blockchain NFT was developed and created. The "Crypto Hotel" was born. During the entire pandemic phase, we were able to expand our activities and networks in the areas of digitization, innovation and blockchain.
Whether design hotel, boutique hotel, congress hotel, lifestyle hotel, business studios, apartments, budget hotel, event location, congress location, catering, restaurant, club, bar or café? In my more than 20 years in working in the hospitality industry, I have been able to participate in various concepts, plan, accompany, open, market, manage and successfully position them in the long term.
My consultations always focus on "people". Hospitality is a people's business. Successful hotel and gastronomy concepts only work in a team. And to successfully manage a hotel team you need respect, commitment and passion.
Johannes Fritz Groebler - your hotel consultant